Teach a workshop at Michigan Fiber Festival!
Would you like to teach a workshop at Michigan Fiber Festival? We'd love to see what you have to offer! As a guideline for our workshop chairpeople and potential instructors, we will be surveying our facebook page and group to see what classes our potential workshop participants might like to see in the future. Looking at current trends in all fiber arts is a great place to start though! Mini and off loom weaving, natural dyeing, brioche knitting, gradients, and tapestry weaving are all incredibly popular right now! The sky is the limit, we want to see interesting and new ideas!
Workshops take place from Wednesday to Saturday, August 15-18, 2018. We are looking primarily for half day and full day workshops. If you have any questions please direct them to the festival at email@example.com
Please complete the following form in full for EACH individual workshop you would like to propose.
Proposals are due November 1, 2017
- fill out the form in full for each individual workshop proposed
- provide a short biography AND a jpeg headshot/bio image with your application (even if you have been an instructor in the past please) and label bio image as lastname_headshot.jpeg
- provide 1-2 good quality, clear example photos for each workshop proposal in JPEG format. Please label files as lastname_workshoptitle.jpeg i.e. smith_beginningspinning1.jpeg, smith_beginningspinning2.jpeg, smith_spinningsingles1.jpeg, etc. Upon acceptance, we may ask for more photos for promotional purposes.
- The festival likes for each instructor to offer at least 2 days of workshops.
- email forms and photos as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org